Question regarding the packaging and boxes

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
doozycanned

Question regarding the packaging and boxes

Post by doozycanned »

I have ordered two new byrd knives from the same seller. The first one came in a little beat up box, but did not thnink that much about it. The second one arrived in also a scratched and a little beat up box. The knife came loose, and not inside the plastic wrapper that looked old and used. There's no way it could have slid out during transport. Date code was LL, I'm guessing December 2012.

Do the byrd knives leave the factory the same way, in boxes, or could the seller have bought them without packaging? Another explanation is used knives.
sal

Re: Question regarding the packaging and boxes

Post by sal »

Hi Doozy,

Welcome to our forum.

Sounds a bit strange to me. Did you contact the seller?

sal
doozycanned

Post by doozycanned »

Not yet. Did not realize at first I bought from the same seller (from two well known online sites). The box and the plastic wrapper definitely looks used,maybe they forgot to put it in the plastic.
sal

Post by sal »

It's not likely that we would forget to put the knife in plastic, or that we would ship a shoddy box. Our QC people are good.

sal
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

I hate to chime in here.....But I have bought five Byrds in the last few months from Amazon and all had the tape that keeps the box closed like regular Spydercos......more were loose then were in the little baggy, but since all the knives were in perfect shape, I never questioned it. Also, all my boxes were all beat a bit. I toss the boxes on the Byrds because they are used and will not be sold.
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx for the input. I'll share with the crew.

sal
doozycanned

Post by doozycanned »

thanks, did not have a tape on mine but else it sounds the same. seller said they were new, and I don't see any problems on them.

I wanted to try lockback, compared to liner or axis ,so got the cara cara 2 g10 and finch. Also liked the back of the knife, not open or whatever is is called with the metal. The cara drew blood once when closing it one handed.

Impressed with the finch, all that in such small package.
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

The recent ordered from Amazon has the tape to keep it closed and the box came ok. Not pristine, but not ragged either. Only the corners have sign of being worn down, perhaps from too many handlings.
Chris :spyder:
CarSteph

Post by CarSteph »

Probably due to the handling and delivery of the goods might causes the problem.
A nunchaku is not an ordinary stick.