PM Outbox

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
Sharp Guy

PM Outbox

Post by Sharp Guy »

Anybody else having trouble with Private Messages getting stuck in their Outbox?
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
DougC-3

Re: PM Outbox

Post by DougC-3 »

I believe they stay there until they're read by the recipient and then go to the sent box?
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

DougC-3 wrote:I believe they stay there until they're read by the recipient and then go to the sent box?
That is my understanding as well. I've had them sit for days, one for over a week. Recipient never noticed it. Not everyone does, and not everyone visits the Forum regularly. I've found that, in general, email works better than PM.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

DougC-3 wrote:I believe they stay there until they're read by the recipient and then go to the sent box?
Thanks! I figured it out shortly after I posted the question. I've been a member of several forums and never experienced that before. Kind of nice feature once you understand what's going on.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thanks! I figured it out shortly after I posted the question. I've been a member of several forums and never experienced that before. Kind of nice feature once you understand what's going on.
Yeah, you can tell if they've been read or not plus you can edit them up to the time they're read :)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.