YouTube Links

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
3rdGenRigger

YouTube Links

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

YouTube links don't embed the video you're trying to list like they used to. There's still an option in the reply box to auto-click in the embed code (Much more obvious button too), but it doesn't embed the video...all it does is post the URL with the embed code as text.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
xceptnl

Re: YouTube Links

Post by xceptnl »

3rdGenRigger wrote:YouTube links don't embed the video you're trying to list like they used to. There's still an option in the reply box to auto-click in the embed code (Much more obvious button too), but it doesn't embed the video...all it does is post the URL with the embed code as text.
You have to shorten the url that you grab from youtube.

This is what I copied from youtube... http://youtu.be/_ndyILodYwM" target="_blank

This is what I pasted between the [youtube] [youtube] link . . . _ndyILodYwM
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

You used to be able to directly copy and paste the URL into the window brought up by the quick-link. And as it's still an option in the reply window you'd expect that it is still intended to be functional.

---> Branden
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

3rdGenRigger wrote:You used to be able to directly copy and paste the URL into the window brought up by the quick-link. And as it's still an option in the reply window you'd expect that it is still intended to be functional.
That may be what you expect, but it's not how things are working here.

If you hover over the youtube button it tells you to: Enter the video ID string -- the video ID string is the part after v= in the URL

So, for example, while entering the entire URL doesn't work properly:

entering just the DohRa9lsx0Q between the youtube tags works just fine:

I'll agree it's not as easy or intuitive, but it does work if you do it correctly.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Very good...as long as I can do it, but the other way was definitely a lot simpler and no one ever had to explain it to me.

---> Branden