Mobile Photo Display Fail

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
PayneTrain

Mobile Photo Display Fail

Post by PayneTrain »

Just thought I'd bring this up, not sure if it's a forum problem or a browser problem, but it only seems to happen here. I am running UC Browser 10.9.0.731 on Android 6.0, and whenpictures posted in the [img] format don't show up. There will be a little "image" box in its place and if I hold down on the box I can get a small menu with the option "display images", but it doesn't help. I get images on other forums (such as bladeforums) just as they appear on a PC, but not here. Not even sure it happens all the time, I think some images do work. I'll have to investigate more to see what the difference is exactly, but so far I can say all the ones that don't appear are photobucket images. Attachments show. Anyway, just wanted to put this one out there in case it is a common issue.

Edit: it does seem to only be photobucket links, except for this one: viewtopic.php?p=1085230#p1085230
Can't tell what's different about it. Strange.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
TazKristi

Re: Mobile Photo Display Fail

Post by TazKristi »

Hi PayneTrain,
Thanks for posting about your issue. Unfortunately, it appears to be a software issue with your device (perhaps specific only to viewing a PHPbb forum). I tried to recreate the issue on my Android running Android 6.0.1 in both the native browser and in Chrome and couldn't see the issue you're having. Is this an ongoing issue or did it just start with the recent UC update? In doing a little research it seems that part of how UC runs "faster" is by limiting what is seen by the user. Based on what I've found, I have to think it's something with how UC reads the data from the forum. Have you tried a different browser? I'm sorry to say that there isn't anything I can do on the forum side to fix this. :(

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.