Post topics vs. Thread topics

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
Evil D

Post topics vs. Thread topics

Post by Evil D »

This may be more of a rant than tech support. Am I the only one who absolutely loathes post topics? Most people don't even use them, but what I hate so much is when people do, from the main forum page where you're looking at each forum category, the "Last Post" will read the post title and not the thread title, but when you open up Spyderco General to find that topic, you can't find it because all you see are thread title and not post titles. The only way you can find that post is to back out to the main page and click on the post topic. It just seems to cause more confusion than anything, and I never really understood the point of a post title when you're about to talk about what you have to say anyway.
TazKristi

Re: Post topics vs. Thread topics

Post by TazKristi »

:) You aren't the only one. For what it's worth, I've tried to figure out how to prevent Post Topics from showing on the main page (I've gone through the same confusing steps thinking I was trapped in a blonde moment), but so far we're stuck with them. The good news is that very few people use Post Topics.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Cliff Stamp

Re: Post topics vs. Thread topics

Post by Cliff Stamp »

They are generally used in threaded views, in that way they allow much faster parsing of a discussion.