Issue with Multi Page Search Results

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
aesmith

Issue with Multi Page Search Results

Post by aesmith »

Hi,

I notice a hiccup with search, where more results are returned than can fit onto a single page. When you click on the link for the next page you get something along the lines of
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in 26 seconds.
Is there a workaround for this? It seems as if viewing the second page of results is being seen as if it was a new search, and therefore getting blocked by you're anti-robot defences, but I'm not sure if this is intentional.

Thanks, Tony S
---------
Tony S
jabba359

Re: Issue with Multi Page Search Results

Post by jabba359 »

I've had that happen on occasion, but it's very infrequent. Normally it will let me click through to other pages without a problem, even if I click through in under 30 seconds.

Your issue happened to me a couple days ago, but after I waited the remainder of the time (I think it said "try again in 12 seconds."), it then let me continue that particular search through subsequent pages without issue, and subsequent multi-page searches had no issues either.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Does it every time for me, and for every page. If I wait until the 30 seconds have passed before looking at Page 2, I need to wait again before getting to Page 3, etc etc.
---------
Tony S
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I just wanted to bump this because it's still annoying.

After I initiate a search, I have to wait 30 seconds before I can navigate to subsequent pages of results. It will then let me click through a few pages, then makes me wait 30 seconds to look more. This is really annoying, especially when I'm trying to click through multiple pages of results quickly.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hey, Kyle:
I've tried several different searches and I can't duplicate the issue you're experiencing. Can you post a screenshot or two? What are you searching for? What browser are you in? And finally, are you on desktop, phone, or tablet?

I'm happy to try and resolve it, but I need more details since I can't duplicate it.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Simplest workaround is to open the second page, and any subsequent pages, in separate tabs rather than navigating to them in the original one.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!