Announce Facebook Contest's on the forum?

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
Johnnie1801

Announce Facebook Contest's on the forum?

Post by Johnnie1801 »

I'm not really into the whole social media thing on Twitter and Facebook but I see that Spyderco have contests once in a while there. Is it possible to announce these contests on the Spyderco forum? I'm sure I'm not the only person who boycotts social media on the forum but it would be great to still be able to take part in the contests :)

Thanks

Jon
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
TazKristi

Re: Announce Facebook Contest's on the forum?

Post by TazKristi »

Hi Jon,
Thanks for bringing it up. Believe it or not, we consider the forum to be the original social media platform. :)

We are in the midst of a few transitions here that include more content on the forum (contests too). When we do a contest on a particular social media "channel" we try to keep it contained to that channel. This gives us more organic metrics to measure our performance (or lack of) on each platform. Those metrics help us decide what we do in the future.

I can't say that we'll share facebook or Twitter (or YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, tumblr, or Google+) contests here, but I can say that you can look forward to more contests and content here.

Thanks again for bringing up the question!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Johnnie1801

Re: Announce Facebook Contest's on the forum?

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Thanks for the swift reply Kristi :)

Looking forward to the new transitions even though I'm turning into a digital neanderthal, I thought myspace and yahoo were still cool :D

Take care

Jon
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon